Philippe Généreux, MD – Morristown Medical Center
The Early Bird Bleed Monitoring System detects internal bleeding complications, enabling physicians to mitigate downstream consequences by immediately addressing the bleed.
- 85-year-old male
- 3Vx disease with severe left main
- Severe AS and Severe MR
- BAV 24mm True Balloon, followed byImpella CP® insertion
- PCI LM, LAD, LCX and RCA
- Impella device used in right femoral artery
- 6F long hydrophilic sheath through Impella sheath
- Early Bird Bleed Monitoring System (6F) in right femoral vein housing TVP
- Activation of Early Bird after Impella insertion for bleed detection.
- Impella removal 4 hours post- intervention in ICU under Early Bird surveillance.
- Level 1 indicator triggered with no further bleed progression.
Bleed monitoring during single- access protected PCI with Impella is possible with the Early Bird.
No progression of Early Bird notification beyond Level 1 after 12 hours post-procedure.
No evidence of clinically significant bleeding.